- Go to YouTube.com and sign in with your account. (If you do not have an account, you will need to create one first.)
- Click the Upload link at the top of the page.
- Click the Upload video button at the top of the page.
- Select a file from your computer in the box that opens and click Open.
- Your video will begin to upload to YouTube's server. At this point you can also begin entering information about your video such as the title, description, tags (or keywords), and category. You can also select whether this video will be made public or be kept private from this page.
The video that you select to upload can be:
- High Definition
- Up to 2 GB (gigabytes) in size
- Up to 15 minutes in length
- A wide variety of formats including: AVI, 3GP, MOV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, SWF, and MKV.